Is DaySpring Early Learning Centre licensed by the government?
- Yes, we comply with all regulations set in place by the government. Our license is renewed on a yearly basis. We are inspected by a Day Care Consultant. This consultant is in regular contact with us.
Is DaySpring subsidized by the government?
- DaySpring is subsidized. Subsidy forms are available at DaySpring upon registration.
Do all of the Teachers have their Early Childhood Education?
- All DaySpring full-time staff have their E.C.E. on varying levels.
Do all Staff have their first aid and C.P.R.?
- Yes, all staffs have their first aid and C.P.R. and they are kept up to date.
What ages of children do you accept?
- We accept children at 6 weeks old up to the day they start grade one.
Do you have openings?
- It depends on the age of your child and availability. Please contact the office for more information.
How do I register my child?
- Contact our office and your name will be put on a waiting list. If a space is available you will be given a packet with all the necessary forms. You will be asked to put down a $50.00 deposit to hold your spot. This $50.00 will go towards your first month’s fee. If you do not take the spot you will lose your deposit.
Do you provide meals?
- We provide a morning snack, a hot meal at noon, an afternoon snack and a small snack at 5:30.
- We have a fulltime cook who prepares all of our meals.
Do you transport children to school?
- We do not transport children to school. Children can be transported to and from DaySpring by school buses from Riverside and St. Johns schools. Arrangements must be made with the schools.
- For the safety of the children, a staff takes the child(ren) to the bus and picks them up at the bus.
How flexible are your drop off and pick up times?
- Children may be dropped off at anytime during the day. We ask that toddlers get dropped off in the morning, well before lunch time (11am), so that they aren’t arriving just in time for a nap.
- All children must be picked up before 6:00p.m.
When is my child too sick to attend day care?
- If your child is contagious, has an eye infection, has diarrhea, vomiting or is not feeling well enough to participate in the daily activities, then we ask that your child is kept home, where they are able to rest and get well.
- If a child is at the centre and has had two bouts of diarrhea or vomiting you will be asked to come and pick up your child.
Do you allow parents to have a tour of your centre before enrollment?
- Yes we do, parents are asked to please call ahead to arrange a tour.
What are your staff/child ratios?
- Infants 1:3
- Toddlers 1:5
- Preschoolers 1:10
How many rooms do you have?
- We have four rooms. Our infant room is for ages 6 weeks up to 18 months and has room for 6 infants and two teachers. Our toddler room is for ages 18 months up to 2 ½ years and has room for 10 toddlers and two teachers. We have two preschool rooms for children ages 2 ½ years up to the day they start grade one. Each of these room has space for 10 children and one teacher.
- We also have a kitchen and access to Plaza 88’s Activities Center (gymnasium).
What activities are offered for my child?
- The activities vary depending on the ages of the children. Each group is taught according to their developmental capabilities.
- We teach through, “Play and Exploration.” We provide many hands on experiences for the children. Some activities are child led, some are adult directed. We believe that children learn best through play.
- We also have a wonderful summer garden program. The children learn about all aspects of gardening and enjoy eating the produce they have grown.